Some intresting facts about Cricket "The gentlemen's game"
Cricket being rather a normal sport has always been the passion of millions of people around the globe especially in India. So for all you people,who love to know stuff about this amazing sport, I've shared a few interesting facts about "Cricket" here it is.....
- Only four test series have ended 0-0 with all five matches being drawn. India was involved in three of them, including two in a row against Pakistan.
- There were no less than six ducks- plus one not out batsman, in the Pakistani innings v West Indies, at Cape Town in 1993.
- The first century in Test cricket was scored by Charlie Bannerman of Australia in 1877.
- The first batsman to be dismissed for 99 on his Test debut was Australia’s Arthur Chipperfield at Tent Bridge in 1934. He was 99 not out at lunch.
- The highest score by a player in his last Test as captain was Ian Chappell’s 192 against England in 1975.
- Wilfred Rhodes had the longest ever Test career: 30 years 315 days from 1899 to 1930.
- The first player to score 100 runs and take 10 wickets in the same Test was Australia’s Alan Davidson in 1960.
- Australia’s Allan Border played in more Test innings than any other batsman (265).
- The first batsman to share in 50 century partnerships in Tests was India’s Sunil Gavaskar.